Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Flour & Water

Flour & Water is off to a good start despite some growing pains. Our table of six entered within one week of opening day. The highlights were the pizzas, the soup and the big surprise was the chicken. It has been some time since I can remember biting into a piece of chicken breast that was so flavorful, tender and outright juicy. Little did I know the wonderful results of cooking chicken under a brick. The last time I had a piece of chicken breast that stood out in my mind like this was my first time at Bouley, my favorite restaurant in NYC. Not to say that cooking under a brick is equivalent to sous vide, they are different. But the flavors, the tenderness and the juiciness stood out for me in both cases. The fun part about the experience at Flour & Water is that the dish cost a fraction of what it did at Bouley.

No comments:

Post a Comment